Friday, July 2, 2010

New challenge! My DREAM!

I cant remember since when i have an ambition to help the most amount of ppl when i've grown up, i was very very young.

Mayb it's influence by my father tat always says tat helping ppl is good n also the Singapore TV program tat i've watched when i was a child.. The singapore program was something raising funds for the "helpless" or unfortunate ppl, it shows some short video clips about the life of the unfortunate ppl in between the program, n i very hate the feeling of being helpless to help them.

Other ppl n frens might see me like normal ordinary guy, n i think wat distinguish me with ordinary ppl is the Dream.. After many years of observation n brain storming, i've came out with the idea of opening an orphanage home if everything is going fine. Of course Old folks home, disable home n others charity home is important, orphanage home to me is priority, there r many many reasons behind it.

I started to know Tzu Chi (non-profit charity organisation) when i know Kim ming known as my housemate. Few months ago, he participated in visit trip to Leprosy home, i reject the offer as i'm not comfortable with Leprosy.

But 2 weeks ago, i've joined the orientation, n also their activity of collecting recycle items as charity. Visit units from units in cyberia apartment for two hours asking whether they have recycle items at the same time inform them about recycle day every month. It's unbelievable tat, for two hours long, not even one chinese resident tat i've communicated with, not that i'm racist la~ all the doors opened are International students n som malays.

I think i've a idea conflict with Kim ming about one week ago, which he feels tat man power output is much much practical then money to help ppl, n my ground is without money, u can hardly help the most amount of ppl, if any ppl gt disease, money come first to doctors, it's always prevent is better than cure, n i know tat there are always gt ppl like kim ming who very passion in helping ppl, whereas there are limited ppl who r rich willing to help ppl.

It's just a discussion, not argue la~ don misunderstood. Everyone has their path.

I don like ppl who said tat earning money is sin! unless those ppl r using illegal way or hurting ppl. Good Charlotte's song "In This World" lyrics stated "In this world, it's not all our money tat's evil, it's the one u choose over life".

Yesterday, i went out with Hong jun (my coursemate) take me to play golf in cyberpark, just few hundred meters awy from my accomodation.. this is the 2nd time playing golf, it's interesting but my fingers pain :(
The most far i can hit is just 100 yards, the percentage is 5% only.. haha

Rm7 for 100 balls, rm4 for renting the golf stick.









-Lucky-d-Edward-

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Jia you my friend :)haha, I have the dream too. that's the reason i choose to study medicine... actually just bcoz the dream I choose this, not because I'm really interested in this path. However, I will do my best to study and be a good doctor! You join Tzu Chi? I have followed the news of them quite some time, since the Haiti earthquake... and wondering if I shall join the organisation. I also like the 静思语 by the master :)
Well, good luck in fulfilling your dream! I will support you as well haha :)

hua said...

u know how to play golf oh ? geng..haha...i hope i also can try it once time..hey what dont u go to join care club ?? haha...visit orphanage and old folks home..i got joined it..lolzz

Lucky-d-Edward said...

Quek: Didnt expect so fast gt comment, haha..
Glad to hear that u choose ur occupation with good intention, cos alot black hearted doctors just choose to become doctor just bcos of Money!
We r heading the same direction, jia you!
U r really quite aware of Tzu Chi, haha.. MMU oso gt one club called Care Club,still thinking donno wan to join or not.
The phrases are not bad.Lao Zi n Confucious punya phrase oso not bad de..

Hua: I don really know how to play la~ simply wave only..
Few days ago, i went MPH oso c the Care club on the left, but not dare to go.. haha
If gt any activity like visit orphanage n u gt go, pls inform me.. thanks

After i wrote this blog, i saw two really gentleman who support World Peace, Love n Caring.. haha

hua said...

i juz scare only for member nia...i think next week they got AGM ..u can go to register ya...when u become so kind-hearted jor ? hahaaha

Lucky-d-Edward said...

Hua: ai yo~ now only u know me.. sad sad (T.T) haha.. then u gt go AGM?

julian said...

good stuff edward, very kind of you to have such dream. hope it will be true, ask han hui for money lah if u r short. he will b rich!! haha kidding ya.

picking up golf i see

Lucky-d-Edward said...

Thanks for support, Julian

sy said...

edward,
y u dare not join care club? so in the end u join them? don afraid to step out ! is really very special dream, open an ophange home. jia you to achieve ur dream ! btw, if u become the boss of orphanage home, plz inform me, i will support u n help out if i can :)
joining tzu chi will let u feel warm and not alone. anyway, man power is limited. we can only help out according to our ability. i joined during my secondary n my 1st year in mmu. but end up, i always stop there haha ^^

Lucky-d-Edward said...

Oh My God!!!
Welcome my new "fans" soo yee! hahaha..
Feel very surprise that u read my blog n comment.. happy happy :)
I almost ignore ur comment if i didnt check my older post comment, lucky~ lucky~
I had joined one Tzu Chi activity n will be written in my coming blog named "Busy Week"
I still remembered last time saw u as Tzu Chi member promoting Recycle in Grand hall.. haha
I wanted to join the care club activity visiting orphanage, but midterm examsss are around, so.. missed this one opportunity first.